NOBILE KITE T5
PROBABLY THE BEST FREERIDE KITE EVER. EXCELLENT POWER DELIVERY AND CONTROL IN HARSH CONDITIONS WITH ‘IMMENSE’ TOP END!
Size (m): 5, 6, 7.5, 9, 10, 12, 14
– Shape: hybrid kite excellent for wave riding
– Exceptional freeride and wave performance
– Great lift and hang time for big airs
– Big depower and turning speed dedicated for wave riding
– Great control combined with soft bar feeling
– High lift, low drag profiles
– Superb upwind performance
– 3-strut construction
– Tough construction dedicated for wave riding and schools
– Easy to relaunch
– Quick inflating/deflating screw valve
– One-pump system
– Quick and easy setup
– Bridles with pulleys, owing to which the kite has a wider lower range, it doesn’t fall, it’s more stable in the zenith and has a better relaunch
– More durable lines at the pulleys on bridles
– Improved sewing technology and quality
– 4-line control bar system
– Colour-coded and fool-proof line connectors
– T9675 Double Ripstop Teijin;
– T9600 Ripstop Teijin;
– Dacron Ripstop
– Double-layer Dacron on bridle attachment points
– Double-stitched bonded seams
– Dacron reinforced canopy (tips, canopy stripes, leading edge and trailing edge)
– Bladder construction with doublelayer section in wear areas catch-free one pump valves position
– Thin LE & Strut ends
The Nobile T5 Kite is simply one of the best kites on the market. The idea was to design a stable, durable kite which ensures full control in all weather conditions. It is used by everyone from experienced kiters through to kiting schools. You can always count on it.
It is great in any conditions and is a favourite for fans of wave riding, where the steering simplicity and the kite’s stability matter.
This year we have introduced additional reinforcements and a new canopy material – Double Ripstop Teijin, which has been tested in the most difficult conditions. It is super-durable and resistant to mechanical damage, as well as climactic conditions, such as salt water, high temperature and sand. This kite will serve you for many years.
SUMMARY: The T5 has a tremendous balance between boosting performance with control and comfort. Forgiving the more robust handling needed to release the chicken-loop, the ride experience of this kite in blustery conditions made it one of our favourite freeride kites on test.
KW LIKED: No flapping, no noise, just high-fidelity kitesurfing and clean feelings of control. Like listening to your favourite music through really good headphones.
KW WOULD CHANGE: We’d like to see Nobile work on their own below-the-bar system that matches up to the rest of the kite.
T5 BALANCE POINTS:
Build quality: 8
Full package: 6
Low end: 8
Top end: 9 (Amazing and maintains control)
Steering speed: 7
Turning circle: 5 (Not too pivotal – comfortable freeride turning)
Bar pressure: 6
Water relaunch: 8
Drift: 7 (Nice shape for drifting)
Cross-over: 8 (Boosting and waves – awesome)
– New Double Ripstop Teijin, which had been tested in the most difficult conditions. It is superdurable and resistant to mechanical damage, as well as climactic conditions, such as salt water, high temperature and sand.
– Improved the construction of the middle strut. This has translated into the flight stability and support in the middle part of the canopy – the kite keeps its shape perfectly and has a better responsiveness during wave riding.
– Dacron belts on the canopy to strengthen the construction and profile the shape better, thanks to which we have achieved significant improvement of the kite’s flying properties.
– Extra reinforcements which prove themselves especially during wave riding.